People often talk about all the things pellet stoves will do, but there are a few things you’ll be glad these stoves do not do.
A pellet stove …
1. Will Not Make a Mess. Pellet stoves and fireplace inserts burn so efficiently, there’s very little ash to clean up. Many models have automatic cleaning cycles that make maintenance even easier, and extra-large ash pans so you can burn nearly a ton of pellets before emptying is needed.
2. Won’t Empty Your Wallet. If you heat with propane or fuel oil, switching to pellets for heating your home is an intelligent financial decision that will save you a lot of money.
3. Will Not Take Up Your Time. Many pellet stoves provide warmth for up to 24 hours on one hopper of pellets. Homeowners typically need to load pellets only one or two times every day, which is as simple as pulling out the hopper and pouring the pellets in.
4. Will Not Harm the Environment. Due to high burn efficiencies and the density of the fuel, pellet stoves and inserts have extremely low particulate emissions. Pellets are renewable fuel made from compacted sawdust, wood chips, bark and other organic waste.
5. Will Not Clash with Your Décor. Steel and cast-iron pellet stoves are designed to fit seamlessly into any décor. You’ll have many options for styles, colors, finishes, and trim.